HOME OF THE OCEAN CITY HIGH SCHOOL CREW TEAM
ABOUT OCHS CREW
Ocean City High School Crew
We are celebrating our 18th Year Under The Bridge and On The Water!
There are three seasons for crew: Fall, Winter and Spring. The Fall and the Winter seasons are considered club sports. These seasons are used as training seasons in preparation for the Spring Season. The Spring Season is the competitive season.
The Fall and Winter seasons each have a required fee. Money is due at first practice or at the parent meeting. Payment can be made by check or via PayPal. Ocean City High School does not pay for coaches during Fall and Winter Seasons. These seasons are run by the Ocean City Crew Boosters. The school also does not provide transportation to the boat house after school. This is the responsibility of the rower.
2023 Spring Crew - Parent Info
1. Register with https://oceancityschools.org/athletics/forms
2. Complete the forms below and return with current physical to the Nurse’s Office
- Ocean City School District Pre-Participation Form
- Ocean City School District Online Signature Form
3. Register with US Rowing (for insurance purposes)
- Complete directions are on our website ochscrew.com
- Click on US ROWING REGISTRATION (our club code: SL6NH)
4. Each athlete must submit a tent fee $200. (Check 1 of 2)
5. Each crew member’s family must submit a work bond check $350. (Check 2 of 2) This will NOT be cashed if you fulfill the volunteer hours.
6. Each athlete is responsible for selling 15 tickets for 50/50 and 15 tickets for the dinner club. This is a MANDATORY fundraiser - to be explained at the parent meeting.
7. Each varsity athlete (grades 10-12) is responsible for ordering a uniform (if you don’t have one-it’s a one-time purchase). **Order placed through the liaisons (size chart available)
8. Each athlete must order the quarter-zip jacket from the online crew store (part of the required uniform- again it’s a one time purchase))
9. Each athlete will have the option to order the Boathouse jacket (size up 1-2 sizes!) Traditionally, freshmen/novice will receive their coats at the spring banquet
PLEASE NOTE: All checks should be made payable to OCHS Crew Boosters. Check #1 - $200, Check #2 - $350